1. Bail Amount Set by the Court
After an arrest, the court will set a bail amount, which varies based on the charges and other contributing factors. This is done as a way of making sure that the defendant appears at the scheduled court date (or dates) following his or her release from jail.
2. Contact Melissas Bail Bonds
After the bail amount is set, the first thing to do is contact Melissa’s Bail Bonds for free initial bail information. We will put our expertise and experience to work for you immediately. Simply provide us with some basic information like the defendant’s name and the name of the jail or city where they are located.
3. Processing & Finalizing Release
We then work with you or your loved one and the jail to secure release by issuing a bond in the full amount of the bail set by the court. Depending on the circumstances, collateral or a co-signer may be required.
Industry Standard Premium Rate
- The state of Pennsylvania allows bail agents to charge anywhere between 5-15% of the bail amount.
- There may be other fees charged in addition to the premium amount.
- Please call the office at 570-541-6593 for an accurate quote specific to your case.
Flexible Payment Plans
Melissa’s Bail Bonds provides flexible payment plans to those who qualify. Regardless of the rate applied, we tailor every payment plan to best fit you or your loved one’s financial situation. We make it our personal goal to create an affordable solution for those in need of bail.